IOWA CAMPGROUNDS / RV PARKS / RV RESORTS
Iowa is a wonderful destination for an RV vacation. Some of the more unique places and events include:
- The John Wayne Birthplace Museum in Winterset.
- The Herbert Hoover National Historic Site and Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum in West Branch.
- The Field of Dreams Movie Site in Dyersville home to the baseball diamond used in the movie Field of Dreams.
- The Register’s Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa, a seven-day 468 mile bike ride across the state that has been held annually since 1973.
Iowa is also home to over 70 wineries for fans of the fermented grape. You may want to add one of the four Iowa wine Trails to your RV vacation itinerary:
NASCAR fans will want to check out the Iowa Speedway in Newton Iowa. They have RV camping just north of the Speedway. For outdoor lovers, Iowa is home to 70 state forests, parks, and recreation areas. In addition, Iowa is home to 6 National Wildlife Refuges, and 4 National Park Service properties including parts of two National Historic Trails – the Lewis & Clark and the Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trails. Outdoor lovers will also not want to miss the Iowa Great Lakes. These lakes are natural glacial lakes in northwestern Iowa. The three principal lakes, Spirit, West Okoboji, and East Okoboji are the largest natural lakes in Iowa.
Following are the RV campgrounds in Iowa to help you plan an RV vacation:
Arnolds Park, IA
Cedar Falls, IA
Center Point, IA
Charles City, IA
Clear Lake, IA
Coon Rapids, IA
Dow City, IA
Forest City, IA
Guthrie Center, IA
Lake Mills, IA
Missouri Valley, IA
Mt. Pleasant, IA
North Liberty, IA
Rock Valley, IA
Spirit Lake, IA
Storm Lake, IA
Webster City, IA
Iowa (IA) Travel Resources
- Ames Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Cedar Rapids Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Discover Waterloo, Iowa! – Waterloo Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Iowa City/Coralville Area CVB
- Iowa National Park Service Properties
- Iowa RV Dump Stations
- Iowa State Parks and Recreation Areas
- Travel Iowa
- Visit Sioux City